The best putting green in San Antonio TX is an excellent option for property owners who want to keep their lawn upkeep practices to a minimum. It requires very low maintenance so it won’t suffer much from neglect—even if you leave it be for a couple of weeks. However, that doesn’t mean that you should disregard synthetic turf care altogether.
Why You Should Take Active Care of Your Synthetic Turf
Here are the advantages of committing to a regular lawn upkeep routine:
- Make your grass last longer. Most artificial turfs are designed to last up to 15 years. With the right care and maintenance, however, you can make yours last longer.
- Save money on lawn upkeep. Just because you don’t need to water, mow, and fertilize a synthetic lawn, doesn’t mean that you don’t need to spend to maintain it. Upkeep costs typically cover water for clean-ups and repairs for damage. You can save a lot from the latter if you choose high-quality artificial turf in San Antonio, TX and take active care of it.
- Keep your turf vibrant for years. Pet waste, extreme heat, and exposure to the elements don’t have much impact on the appearance of synthetic grass. It’s stain-, discoloration-, and damage-resistant. However, it’s highly likely that these traits will wear away after a decade or two of use. Careful maintenance is key to preventing such deterioration.
5 Ways to Keep Your Artificial Lawn in Top Condition
A synthetic lawn requires little to no maintenance at all. Just do these tasks regularly, and you’ll keep it in top condition for years:
- Clear off debris.
Like a natural lawn, your synthetic turf-covered grounds will gather leaves, twigs, garbage, and other types of debris when left alone. Remove them as soon as possible. Otherwise, they may damage the grass’s mesh fibers and create holes and tears. Use a lawn vacuum or leaf blower to get rid of small waste.
- Hose off the grass thoroughly.
Using a hose to rinse its surface is one of the most effective ways to clean synthetic grass. The pressure would dislodge small debris while the water would clean off the dirt from the turf and eliminate any unpleasant order. Don’t worry about creating puddles. The artificial grass’s drainage system will dispose of any excess water immediately. Just be thorough when you rinse your lawn.
- Groom grass blades.
Artificial turf can get flat or matted over time, especially if it experiences high traffic. Keep them upright by fluffing up their fibers. Use a broom or a soft rake to raise grass blades and prevent paths from forming on the grass.
- Manage pet waste immediately.
Although artificial grass isn’t affected by pet excrements, it’s still best not to give them time to settle. If there’s pee, hose off the affected area. If there’s poop, get rid of the waste then rinse the area thoroughly with water. Invest in top artificial grass for pets in San Antonio to get turf that is pet-proof and pet-friendly.
- Check your turf for wear and tear.
If you see any, gauge the severity of the damage. Don’t hesitate to contact a synthetic turf installation expert if it requires a significant patch up. Keep an eye out for weeds on your turf’s seams as well. If you spot any, remove them carefully. If you don’t have a compost pit, bundle up dead weeds before you discard them. It will keep them from being blown or spread across the lawn accidentally.
Keep Your Lawn Looking and Feeling Fab
Commit to a flexible lawn care routine. If the situation makes it difficult to carry out the set tasks for the day, then they must be done in the nearest possible time. Let’s say your routine involves cleaning and grooming your turf every Saturday. If it rains on that day, conduct clean-up the following day.
Make the best putting green in San Antonio, TX last longer with on-point maintenance! Call San Antonio Artificial Grass Pros today at (210) 987-8345 for a FREE quote and complimentary consultation on your lawn project.